Trikonasana – Triangle Pose
“Trikonasana” is that the combination of two Sanskrit words “Trikon” and “Asana”, where “Trikon” means Triangle and “Asana” means pose. This asana seems like the form of a triangle, that’s why this Asana is additionally called Trikonasana. This triangle pose may be an important pose for health and wellness. This asana helps to stretch the muscles and improve the function of the body. within the asana, the body is stretched in such the simplest way that the triangular shape is made.
This asana helps to strengthen the muscles within the hip and chest region. It also helps reduce low back pain. Trikonasana is mostly considered a decent warm-up exercise to enhance overall health.
English name: – Triangle pose.
Pronunciation: – Tree-Kone-ahs-ana
Sanskrit name: – Trikona
Position: – Standing
Preparatory poses:- Tadasana and vrksasana
Trikonasana – Triangle Pose and its benefits?
Trikonasana is a standing position and provides deep stretching of all parts of the body. After you try this asana, the whole weight of your body rests on the calves of the bent legs, next to the muscles of the hand that’s resting on the ground, strengthening both successively. Trikonasana improves balance and concentration and is additionally good for strengthening the core and legs.
This asana helps to strengthen the muscles within the hip and chest region. It also helps reduce low back pain. Trikonasana is usually considered a decent warm-up exercise to enhance overall health.
Utthita Trikonasana: – Utthita Trikonasana (extended triangle pose) could be a standing pose. the main target of this pose is more on the thighs. Helps in stress, stretches, and elongates various parts of the body. Steps of Utthita Trikonasana (Extended Triangle Pose) Take a Tadasana position with an exhale.
Put your feet 3-4 feet apart. The right foot should turn about 90 degrees to the correct and switch the left foot about 45 degrees to the proper. Now raise your arms parallel to the ground and actively stretch them intent on the perimeters, along with your shoulder blades open and your palms facing down. Firm your thighs and rotate your right thigh outward in order that the middle of your right kneecap is aligned with the middle of your right ankle.
Anchor this move by strengthening your left leg and pressing the outer hell firmly against the bottom. Now turn your torso to the left, keeping the 2 sides equally long. The left hip moves forward slightly and elongates the tailbone towards the rear heel. Now rest your hand on your shin, ankle. Remember, the edges of the torso must not be distorted. After that, stretch your left arm towards the ceiling, in line with the upper a part of the shoulders. Your head should be during a neutral position or turn your head to the left. Looking gently at the left thumb along with his eyes.
Inhale to rise, pressing your back heel hard against the ground and stretching your upper arm toward the ceiling. Now reverse your feet and repeat the identical time to the left.
Important beginner tips to try and do Trikonasana Triangle Pose
- Yoga beginners always ensure they need to be done a decent full-body warm-up exercise before doing this asana.
- It is more important to stay the proper leg straight than to bring the proper hand to the bottom.
- Do not rest your hand directly on the knee, as this creates an excessive amount of pressure on the knee.
- When trying to try to to this trikonasana, always confirm to stay your lower back completely straight.
- As you perform the asana, ensure that you simply don’t rotate along the hips likewise.
Caution to try to Trikonasana
- If you suffer from back and spine injuries, you must not perform Trikonasana.
- The patient with high or low pressure always avoids this asana.
- The person affected by migraine avoids this asana.
- A person full of diarrhea, neck and back injuries, shouldn’t do that Trikonasana.
- Especially for pregnant women, if there are any complications, you must practice under the
- guidance of an expert and consult a doctor before doing Trikonasana.
- If you’re doing this asana, don’t lean against the knee because it puts excessive pressure on the knee which might result in knee problems.
How to do Trikonasana (triangle pose)
- To do this asana just follow the steps.
- First, stand with a distance between your legs of roughly three to four feet.
- Now, extend your arms to shoulder height, inhale and lift your right arm to the side of your head.
- After that, bend your right arms and exhale to the left side keeping your weight equally on both feet. you mostly confirm your right arm is parallel to the bottom.
- Now you ought to maintain this position in step with your comfort with normal breathing and reach the first position by inhaling.
- Now, do the identical procedure with the left arm.
- Repeat bending the left side then the proper side and perform 4-6 rounds of Trikonasana.
Trikonasana benefits (triangle pose)
- This Trikonasana helps to strengthen the legs, ankles, and knees.
- This asana is nice for your digestion
- In Trikonasana, the Triangulum pose helps expand the chest and shoulders.
- With this asana, you provide endurance, balance, energy, and develop concentration.
- It helps to strengthen the muscles of the hips, thighs, and back.
- This asana may be wont to manage stress.
- Helps improve balance and increase concentration.
- By performing Trikonasana, you increase your physical and mental health.
- Reduces anxiety, stress, back pain, and sciatica.
If you are looking to bring a change into your life by learning yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India for self-rejuvenation or transfer the benefits to others, by getting a professional certificate and expertise, then 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh is the perfect fit for you.