This article will show you how to utilise the configuration wizard to set up the Linksys RE6500 Dual-Band WiFi Extender if you are experiencing problems accessing Linksys RE6500 Setup. For Wi-Fi Protected SetupTM installation instructions, go here (WPS).
The website extender.linksys.com welcomes you to the Linksys AC1200 Setup. Please make sure your Wifi settings (SSID/login credentials/security key) are available before configuring your range extender.
Linksys RE6500 Setup | AC1200
1. To begin, plug your RE6500 range extender into a power socket.
2. Turn your Linksys RE6500 AC1200 router on.
3. Select Wifi Settings from the drop-down menu.
4. Set up your Linksys RE6500 Extender Setup Network.
5. Then, to continue the AC1200 Setup process, type the password.
6. Visit the URL extender.linksys.com in any internet browser.
7. Now log in to your Linksys Extender Setup.
8. The setup instructions for the Linksys RE6500 will now appear on the screen.
9. Simply follow the Linksys RE6500 installation instructions.
Linksys RE6500 Setup using WPS Button | AC1200
Via WPS Button
To use the WPS technique to set up your Linksys RE6500, follow the instructions below:
1. Turn on the Linksys RE6500 AC1200 router to get started.
2. The RE6500 and the router should be in the same room.
3. On the extender, press the WPS button.
4. Check to determine if the LED lights on the RE6500 extender are blinking appropriately.
5. Make sure the Linksys AC1200 extension is in a decent spot.
6. Finally, you’re ready to use the Linksys RE6500 Wifi Extender to connect wifi devices.
Linksys RE6500 Extender Firmware Upgrade
To upgrade your Linksys RE6500 AC1200 Firmware, follow these steps:
1. To begin, make sure the Linksys RE6500 is plugged into a power source.
2. Go to the link extender.linksys.com website now.
3. Now you may upgrade the firmware on your AC1200 extender by logging in.
4. Select Firmware Upgrade from the Administration option.
5. Click “Update Now” after selecting your most recent upgrade.
6. Check your RE6500’s version and download it based on your preferences.
7. Open and run the AC1200 newest version after downloading it.
8. The Linksys RE6500 Extender firmware has now been successfully updated.
So that’s how you upgrade the Linksys Extender Setup firmware.